We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager / LEED EBOM Manager to help us manage the greening of a portfolio of existing buildings. The current main project focus is to manage a LEED EBOM Volume Certification. As a Sustainability Manager, you will help manage the sustainability team and work closely with property managers and project teams through the LEED certification and recertification process, conduct LEED assessments, implement policies, track ongoing progress, and conduct educational webinars and presentations. You will also be training junior level project managers who will be supporting you through the process and must have superior management, teaching, communication, writing, and presentation skills. You will also support the sustainability team with Energy Star Portfolio Manager and other sustainability programs.
- LEED AP EB-O+M
- 2+ years experience with LEED requirements, documentation, and managing LEED EBOM certification and recertification projects from analysis through certification
- Conversant in LEED 2008v and 2009v
- Project Management Experience
- Architecture or Engineering Degree
- Additional Licenses: Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master Degrees
- Project management Skills
- Strong working knowledge of LEED Online, Energy Star Portfolio Manager, and the technical requirements of each LEED EBOM credit
- Ability to perform various calculations associated with LEED credits
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as graphic communication skills
- Ability to adapt to meet the needs of clients and the company
- Experience managing relationships and setting expectations with building owners, property managers, and project teams
- Good customer service and people skills
- Able to do speaking engagements
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Verdani is a full-service sustainability consulting firm. Our international team of experts believes in living and working with sound environmental and economic values. We specialize in greening large portfolios of existing buildings and support corporate sustainability needs. Verdani Partners maintains a high level of technical and practical knowledge in real estate, building operations, energy analysis, financing, codes, and certifications. Our approach is to identify and prioritize effective solutions that can be sustained over the life of the building, adding economic, social and environmental value along the way. We have an incredible team and focus on performance and getting results while allowing our teams the flexibility they need for a good work life balance.
Verdani is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive full-time salary and benefits. Applicant might be expected to travel 15% of the time. Applicant must be authorized to work in the US. We prefer someone that can work from our Carlsbad office but we will also consider telecommuting from any location in the US depending on the candidate’s level of experience.