We are looking for an experienced Director of Sustainability to help manage the greening of an international and diversified portfolio of existing buildings including Office, Retail, Multifamily and Industrial properties in the US, UK and Brazil. In this role, you will be assisting Verdani Partners in managing the sustainability programs for the portfolio as an in-house owner’s representative. As a Director of Sustainability, you will help manage the sustainability team and work closely with the Property Management Teams with the following tasks: Corporate Sustainability Programs, Solar Installation projects, Green Leases, Sustainable Acquisitions Criteria, Energy Star Portfolio Manager, and the LEED Certification and Re-certification process. You will also be conducting LEED assessments, implement policies, track ongoing progress, and conduct educational webinars and presentations. You will be working with a team of Sustainability Experts as well as entry-level staff who will be supporting you through the process. You must have superior management, teaching, communication, writing, and presentation skills. You will also support the sustainability team with GRESB, GRI, CDP and annual Sustainability Reports, Speaking Engagements and award applications. If you have a strong technical background but not enough experience in Real Estate and corporate sustainability you might be considered for the position as a Sustainability Manager with the support from our team. The title can get updated once you gain the required skills for the position.
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting Experience
- Project Management Experience
- LEED AP EB-O+M
- Corporate Sustainability, Real Estate: at least 1 year Experience
- College and Masters Degrees
- Architecture or Engineering Degree Preferred
- Additional Licenses: Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Locate in New York, DC, Los Angeles or San Diego. (New York Preferred)
- Available Immediately, Able to start in two weeks or March at the latest
- Real Estate Experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Team Player
- Real Estate Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Sustainability
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting Experience (GRESB, CDP, GRI, UNPRI etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Energy Star Portfolio Manager for large portfolios
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing business environment and grow into new roles
- Curious, insightful, engaged, determined
- Experience with LEED requirements, documentation, and managing LEED EBOM projects from analysis through certification
- Working knowledge of LEED Online and the technical requirements of each LEED EBOM credit
- Experience with Solar Projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as graphic communication skills
- Ability to adapt to meet the needs of clients and the company
- Experience managing relationships and setting expectations with building owners, property managers, and project teams
- Good customer service and people skills
- Able to do speaking engagements
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
ABOUT VERDANI PARTNERS
Verdani is a full-service sustainability consulting firm. Our international team of experts believes in living and working with sound environmental and economic values. We specialize in greening new and existing large building portfolios and support corporate sustainability needs. Verdani Partners maintains a high level of technical and practical knowledge in real estate, building operations, energy analysis, sustainability reporting, codes, and green building certifications. Some of our key services are corporate sustainability, GRESB & GRI reporting, LEED Certifications, Energy Star Benchmarking, ASHRAE Audits, Commissioning and Education. Our approach is to identify and prioritize effective solutions that can be sustained over the life of the building, adding economic, social and environmental value along the way.
Our talented team of experts rock the sustainability world with expertize, passion and an above-and-beyond commitment. We work hard to deliver 200% for our clients while striking a balance between work and family needs. Being part of the Verdani team is like being part of something bigger – we are a group of dedicated individuals who act more like a family with the same goal in mind: trying to make a difference in the world now and for future generations. We offer telecommuting options for senior positions and a great location five minutes from the beach along the Coaster line in Carlsbad. We also welcome diversity across all fronts, specifically for team members who can expand the company into BRIC markets of Brazil, China and India. We are laid back but very talented, professional and most of all, we like to make our work fun.
Verdani is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive full-time salary and benefits. Applicant might be expected to travel 15-20% of the time. We strongly encourage diversity in our team. The applicant must be authorized to work in the US. We would prefer is the candidate is able to spend a few weeks of the first month of employment in our Carlsbad Office for training and becoming familiar with the account with the rest of the project team. In addition the candidate will be required to spend a week in New York for data collection and account set up if located outside of New York. The preferred location for this position is New York. Washington DC is also an acceptable location.
Thank you for your interest in this position at Verdani Partners!